Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Ho Moc San


This is a 1971 picture of Ho Moc San. He was a local Viet who worked on our base at Dong Ba Thin. I have been trying to find him to no avail. He was a great guy and a very hard worker. I spent many lunches with Ho learning simple Vietnamese saying and numbers. I used to drive him home quite a bit, he live about 12K from the base. Since the end of the war I've often wondered what happened to Ho, I pray he is doing well and living a happy life with many grandchilden. He deserves that much. I usually spend a couple days near Cam Rahn searching for him, I even went to Dong Nai area outside of Sai Gon since the local police in Nha Trang said that is where he moved to. All the guys called him "Pappasan" but I always called him Ho.

No comments: