Search This Blog

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cam Rahn Airport


This is what awaits you at the Cam Rahn airport. Cabbies ready to pounce. $20 for the 30k trip to NhaTrang or you can take the bus for $2.50 like we did. As it turned out a really smart move because our mini bus driver turned us on to a fantastic hotel on the beach for $12 a night. We spent about 3 days in Nha Trang visiting my friend Dat and Vy. Not much time on the beach but plenty of good food. Mike and I rented motos for the day $4USD and had a blast exploring the countryside. We ventured down the new Hwy #1 which is the airport road and then out onto old Hwy#1 past my old base at Dong Ba Thin and then north past rice paddies and small villiages. I had made part of that trip back in 1971 driving base emplyees home and never felt comfortable out that far from DBT. I enjoyed this trip much better.

No comments: