Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 14, 2005



Here's Trinh and her parents upon my return visit this year and none the less for wear for my little friend. She lives a very simple life, notice no windows which is very common for the downstairs of some rural Vietnamese homes. Their boundless hospitality was overwhelming. They have next to nothing but were more than willing to share anything they had with me. Trinh makes her way to school on a bicycle about 4km each way and home for lunch everyday. Her bike is double her size but she navigates the backroads of the country side with ease. Notice my ever present Marlboros, I no longer smoke but use it as an ice breaker since most Vietnamese males smoke. Her father cuts trees in the forest for weeks at a time and returns to pay his bills and see his children as do many men in rural communities.

No comments: